We are working hard to raise $2500 by September 1st so we can realize a match by Jack Johnson’s foundation. This money will be used to help fund the many programs and events we will offer in 2015. We know you are wondering…why should I donate to Slow Food Indy? Here are just 10 reasons!
1. It’s all about the mission. We are entirely volunteer-run, so there are no salaries and no corporate overhead. All of our budget is spent to make the Indy chapter great!
2. Farm tours are fun. If you love summer days on the farm, donate to help us pay for equipment rental, food, signage and other supplies that help us hold these on-farm events and keep the costs for our hosts low.
3. Impress your foodie friends. Show your foodie pride when you donate.
4. Education isn’t free! We try to keep public education events free or low cost for our participants. That money has to come from somewhere…
5. There’s nothing like a delicious meal sourced from local ingredients. Our Snail of Approval program helps you find the best slow food dining in Indianapolis. Your donation will help us grow this program in 2015.
6. No one else does it quite like us. We are a unique addition to the Indy food community offering resources to help you grow your own food while also connecting you with local and sustainable farmers, artisan products and chefs.
7. A small donation makes a big difference. We run our organization on a very small annual budget, so any amount has a big impact.
8. We advocate for YOU! Slow Food Indy networks with other organizations in Indianapolis to keep you informed about local policy issues – like the recent rezoning proposal in Indy.
9. Our events are open to everyone – not just members. While we take care of our members with a few members-only events per year, the majority of what we do is open to anyone. We are about building community – the entire Indy food community – not just our paying membership.
10. It just feels right! It’s always better to give than to receive. Right? (Give today and find out!)