Applications for open seats on the Slow Food Indy board of directors are now being accepted! The Slow Food Indy board is a working board that organizes and implements all of the chapter’s activities.
Board members are expected to:
- Serve as an engaged member of the Slow Food Indy board attending monthly meetings to plan organizational activities and priorities
- Attend Slow Food Indy events as a volunteer and participant
- Volunteer as needed to assist in activities, events, fundraising, etc.
The process and timeline for applicants are as follows:
- Applications are due by Friday, December 16. Apply Now.
- You will be contacted by a member of the nominating committee, to set up a time to speak with you further.
- The nominating committee will choose a slate of candidates to be presented to the board for approval.
- The slate will be announced to our membership, and a vote will be conducted at the annual meeting in January 2017.
Please consider the following criteria:
- If you are not familiar with Slow Food Indy, please read about the values of Good, Clean, and Fair as it relates to our mission. You may also wish to read up on Slow Food USA and Slow Food International to understand the organization.
- Slow Food Indy is an all volunteer organization with a working board. As there are no paid staff, the organization is sustained only by the work of the board members, committees, and volunteers.
- Board members should anticipate being engaged. Engagement on our board is defined as attending the once a month board meetings, not missing more than three per year, and being responsive to internal communications within a 1-2 day time period.
- You do not have to consider yourself a home chef or even a foodie to apply. While chefs and farmers are welcome and much needed on the board, we have opportunities for those from other backgrounds who have a strong interest in helping to advance the Slow Food mission, especially with the following skills:
Volunteer recruitment and management
Communications and PR
Website content management
Social media content management